This lifting and rigging training will empower delegates with understanding of the legal requirements applicable to lifting and rigging operations, the requirements for pre-use, preventive and planned maintenance, disposal criteria of lifting equipment, the SWL and WLL to ensure delegates employ lifting equipment and accessories in compliance with safety standards.
This lifting and rigging training is designed to provide personnel with the knowledge to undertake lifting and rigging operations in an offshore and onshore environment. Upon completion delegates should be able to:
- Calculate the SWL, and WLL of slings,
- Understand the safety factor of lifting accessories and equipment
- Understand the requirements of applicable legislation to lifting and rigging operations
- Carry out pre-use inspection for a lifting and rigging operation
- Recommend that equipment and accessories be discarded where applicable
- Identify the risks associated in a rigging and lifting operation.
- Master the different types of slings use in a lifting and rigging operation.
- Identify the types, features and limitations of slings use in lifting operations.
- Understand the elements for calculating and sizing a slings use for lifting and rig